We DID IT!!!!! YEAH - Autism Preschools budget cuts are on hold for now! So... that means they are looking else where to cut. We were on the news and here is a picture that was on the SL Trib website. All of us moms crying :) Most of us will be there again tomorrow.
Can you see me? Holding KK's picture
Dozens of parents, many holding photos of their children and crying as they spoke, convinced lawmakers to not close the schools.
The families suggested the state put more money into the program, which has a waiting list of nearly 300. They told stories of children who were once mentally locked away now emerging to say, "I love you."
"If you take this away, that is nothing but pure cruelty," said Gloria Stratford, whose 4-year-old grandson attends one of the schools. The boy who once kept his grandmother up at night, wondering why they couldn't connect, now laughs with her, she said.
(Taken from the SL Trib)




1 comment:
Oh, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so EXCITED for you, for Kaleb, for us, and everyone who is affected!!! YEA!!!! I have goosebumps on my arms and tears running down my face. I can't tell you how happy I am!!!! The Lord truly does answer prayers!!
Post a Comment