Tonight I was wrestling on the floor with Kaleb and I kept looking at him thinking wow he is so dang cute!!! Sometimes I just wish everyone could see what we see in our little boy. Most people see his disabilities and don't get to know him. He can't talk or play ball like most kids his age but he has the most special spirit - you can just look in his eyes and know he is special. I love his giggles and his hugs! The only problem with him being so dang cute is that we kinda have a double standard at our house. Kaleb can get away with so much more then Bree because well - he just doesn't understand. He is physically so much to take care of and Bree is a breeze to take care of - but emotionally he is simple and she is a handful. I get so many different comments from people saying things like - I'm so sorry about your son - but honestly I couldn't be happier with this boy! We live in the moment and handle everything one day at a time. I can't even start thinking about what it will be like when he is an adult or who will take care of him... I would lose it but right now is awesome and I know he has a very special purpose! I love you buddy!!!


2 comments:
What a beautiful summary of life with Kaleb. I wish everyone could see what we see, and feel what we feel. It is an amazing thing when we can come to terms with the path that has been laid for them by a loving Father in Heaven. I can honestly say that we are grateful that Lucas came just the way he did. We wouldn't have him any other way. No one else could bless our lives the way he does. I'm sure you feel just the same about Kaleb. It really is a beautiful thing! And yes, he is sooo cute!
Hey Geri my sister is in town and she decided to try your Dr. It looks like she is really impressed!
Post a Comment