Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crazy Week

(Briana - taking pictures with my camera)




I would love to post pictures of our wonderful Thanksgiving, but I of course forgot to take my camera. It was so much fun to have Christopher's grandma with us and to see my grandma too. We ate at my mom & dad's. Kaleb did great but man he sure wanted the butter - no one wanted the butter after he finally got to it & squished it in his hands :) My mom went to so much work and did an amazing job. I took rolls - thanks to mindy :) I'm loving making bread.



It's our tradition to put up the tree and decorations the day after Thanksgiving ... so here's the results of that.




Plus I'm excited I finally got my "All the stockings were hung" craft done. And the highlight of my weekend was the fact I finally got started on my food storage! Yes - Started! Pathetic. Anyways I'm all motivated right now. I got my DT closet cleaned out and bought some food storage to go on the shelves. I would show a picture - but there isn't enough to be proud of - he he - but I've started and that's what I'm happy about! Hopefully I will stay focused and stock up!

My favorite part of that day... Kaleb came over and sat on my lap on the couch - I could tell he was tired so I had Bree get him a pillow and blanket and the sweet boy fell asleep half on my lap and the pillow. I love these moments because they rarely happen with this little one.


Then we also started our favorite Christmas tradition.

Today has been a hard day for us because we miss Christopher's mom so much. 4 years ago today she was tending all the grand kids when she passed out - she was rushed to the hospital and died a couple days later from Bacterial Meningitis. She is so missed and this is a tradition she gave to us. She was a school teacher - so she loved books. She gave us 25 Christmas children books. We wrap all of them up - Bree wrapped them this year - and then each night we open a Christmas book and read it together. It was so fun to start that tonight.

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a cool tradition! I love how you can have family time through reading, and make it such a special occasion. It sounds a ton funner than the 3-ring binder of incredibly cheesy stories we tried last year. We gave up halfway through them, because they were so annoyingly cheesy. But real books is a great idea!

candice said...

that is the cutest tradition

love2scrap88 said...

Hi Geri! I just Looovvvveee your blog and you are such a great memory catcher and story teller! That picture of Kaleb is just precious! Love the book tradition!

Liz said...

That is such a fun tradition! I better start collecting some Christmas books!