You might have a child with Autism IF...
If your curtain rods come down on a daily basis... (Blinds? What Blinds? Blinds have been destroyed and taken down - replaced - destroyed - replaced - and finally who cares... curtains are good enough!)

Your child's dresser has a construction tie down strap latched on it to keep your child from climbing to the top, but it hasn't stopped him - he climbs the dresser knobs instead... which then leads to the missing knobs.
You put locks on the kitchen cabinet doors and it made him so mad that he ripped it off! He ripped off twice and thank goodness we were able to fix it with our nail gun but the last time - well.... It is at a cabinet shop trying to be fixed now.

Your vertical kitchen blinds came off one by one. Then finally you got a fabric shower curtain and put it up in place of vertical blinds. Hey - it still opens and shuts - And when he pulls it down - it goes right back up! PLUS it WASHES!!!

Your window seals look like this... because who doesn't need to chew on things every now and then!

Your vertical kitchen blinds came off one by one. Then finally you got a fabric shower curtain and put it up in place of vertical blinds. Hey - it still opens and shuts - And when he pulls it down - it goes right back up! PLUS it WASHES!!!

Your window seals look like this... because who doesn't need to chew on things every now and then!
Your furniture has homemade locks in place.

Your Closets - LOCKED!

EVERY doorknob - has a child proof LOCK! That you replace often because it is not autism proof.

Your Oven has a LOCK! That has been replaced many times!

Your Closets - LOCKED!

EVERY doorknob - has a child proof LOCK! That you replace often because it is not autism proof.

Your Oven has a LOCK! That has been replaced many times!














6 comments:
He really is so stinkin cute! I've got to send my sis in law to see this- she will totally relate!!! You are such a good mom and I can't imagine how much patience you must have!
I am crying and laughing at the same time! Tammy has got to see this. That post was alot of work, but so worth it! We still need to get together sometime.
Oh I am doing a bread class in our stake on Friday night (tomorrow). Let me know if you want to come and I will give you the details
This is so funny and true. I can relate to every single one of those items... I could add quite a few too! In our new house we ordered every single door knob as a locking knob. The people thought we were nuts that we wanted our closets to lock -even with keys! I also had some put on backwards so that they could lock from the outside... I don't have a trampoline in his room though- that sounds like a great idea, but does he not get hurt? Someday we should get together!
Tammy
so adorable!!!
Clever (and honest) post.
He is cute, and you are such a great mom!
Post a Comment