The lake is up weber canyon road - past Oakley, UT. My grandpa had a cabin in Weber Canyon and we spent lots of time up there. Then when I was in junior high my parents bought 8 acres in Oakley on the weber river. They finished building their home just after I graduated from high school. So I lived in Oakley for about 3 yrs until I married Christopher.
We went up Sunday & stayed until Tuesday. We had so much fun on the lake in the canoe! Kaleb had a blast throwing rocks in the lake - I think he would've done that all day long!!! Briana took up her bike - & made some friends and played till she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer.
Briana was so excited to go camping that Friday night we set the tent up in our backyard and slept out there as a family. Then Saturday night she set up her sleeping bag in the family room to sleep in. She LOVES camping!!! Kaleb had a blast - we have this cute monkey backpack that we put on his back & then hooked Tucker's (our dog) leash to the backpack so he could have freedom to play but we wouldn't loose him. Christopher & I would take turns taking Kaleb on hikes. He would just go & go - he loved having the freedom to go everywhere. We had a campsite right by the river - so the kids could play in water anytime. We had so much fun it was hard to come home!
PS - you should have saw the bath tub after the kids got out!!! WOW!!! They were dirty little kiddos!




No comments:
Post a Comment