We Miss YOU!
My Grandpa died in May - in fact his funeral was on our 7yr wedding anniversary. His birthday is today and I have been thinking about him a lot lately!
This was a picture of him last year at Briana's birthday party.
Hailey & Grandpa
Then Kaleb trick or treating at his rest home last Halloween. As you can see Kaleb really liked the candy!My grandpa Jack (Knaphus) is the only grandpa I can remember. (My moms dad died when I was four.) I remember having so much fun at his cabin growing up, and him going on daddy daughter dates with me when my parents were in Japan picking up my oldest brother from his mission. But what I keep thinking about everyday is how he said to keep your SHINNY SIDE OUT. Meaning show your good side not your bad.
The last couple of weeks have been hard - ok REALLY hard. Lets just say Kaleb has been learning lots of new things and throwing tantrums that I don't think you would believe unless you saw them. In fact I haven't blogged lately because all you would see is pictures of my house being destroyed, us giving him his shots at nights, and pictures of him screaming and maybe showing you the pictures of his knees all bruised from him biting himself. But when things are rough all I think about is my grandpa saying "keep your shinny side out". So that is why you see only what the good things going on in our lives and not the hard times. Thanks grandpa for helping us remember to always be the best we can be. We all miss you and learned so much from you.

How things are a lot of the time :
Our SHINNY SIDE OUT!!!




1 comment:
So sorry to hear things have been rough lately. We've been thinking about you lots and will continue to keep you in our prayers. Angee :)
Post a Comment