I read this on a friends blog who also has a child with Autism & this little story describes what all of us mothers go through with doctors and lots of people on a daily basis. I loved it so much I had to share!
I don't usually sit and talk about how I feel about vaccines because really I feel like for one it won't make a difference and two I don't want to come across as some crazy mom - which honestly I already feel crazy enough. But I keep thinking about Joseph Smith and how he knew the church was true & kept teaching and telling others about it even though he was prosecuted. Maybe I do need to share more so that parents will educate themselves and make the decision not just do it out of pure pressure from their doctors. If it saved one family from going through what we go through it would be worth all the roll of the eyes or mean comments I always receive. It is not that I am completely against them there is just too many too soon - and they need to get all the crap out of them and make them more natural.
Even though most the world thinks us mormons are nuts - we do not care because WE know it is true! So those of you who are not willing to research and think I am nuts - it is ok because I KNOW what happened to my baby.
Raining Pianos: A Short Course on Anecdotal Evidence By Lenny Schafer, 2003
Patient: Doctor, my son has this terrible headache. He's dizzy and he's been fainting a lot. He says his arm is numb.
Dr. Steinway: What happened?
Patient: We were walking down the street and a piano fell on his head.
Dr. Steinway: I see. Mmmm. Anything else happen at the time that might have caused this?
Patient: What do you mean, "anything else?" A PIANO FELL ON HIS HEAD!
Dr. Steinway: Perhaps, but that's only a temporal coincidence.Several epidemiological studies done by eminent scientists have failed to find a connection between pianos and concussions. The cause could be any number of environmental factors. Kids get bumped by stuff all the time. Only a rare few get concussions. Maybe your child has a genetically predisposed soft skull. Any family history of concussions?Münchhausen by Proxy? Hypochondria?
Patient: But I was there! I saw it falling from the second story of a piano factory! I couldn't get him out of the way fast enough and he caught a piece of the candelabra. If it's not the piano, what else could it possibly be?
Dr. Steinway: Hysteria, guilt. What you're telling me is called "anecdotal evidence". Such evidence can be either evaluated for further research, or completely dismissed as useless without even looking at it, depending on the interests or bias of the researchers.The important thing is that it isn't pianos . . .hey wait, where are you going, we're not through. . .
Patient: I'm going to look for care somewhere else, and to see a lawyer to sue the piano company. . . and maybe even you.
Dr. Steinway: [to himself] Uh huh, lawyers. I thought someone might have put her up to this. Lawyers. . .taking advantage ignorant hysterics looking for something to blame for their woes. . .The problem's not pianos, the problem is lack of tort reform. . .she wouldn't even let her kid have one of our complimentary "We're Silly for Eli Lilly" clinic balloons.
Briana at 16months - three weeks after her MMR shot! Check out that huge mark almost a month after - now she has a dent in her leg where she got the shot. A Day after getting it she broke out in a rash and threw up for days. My mother in law came from Payson and stayed with us for a couple of days because she was so sick. I sure wish I would've of thought this isn't right and looked into things - then maybe I could hear my beautiful baby boy say Mama again - like he did when he was a baby.
BEFORE...


Look at those blue eyes looking straight at the camera!
AFTER
See the difference in his eyes.
*To learn more about the truth about vaccines visit Tammy Binghams Vaccine Blog listed on my blog list.
*Also please look into Jim Carry's & Jenny McCarthy's GREEN THE VACCINES rally.
Please understand I am completely in love with my little boy and can't imagine him different. He has taught me so much and I am a different person then I was before Autism & for that I am very grateful. Sometimes it is just hard not to share things like this when it is something we think about everyday of our lives. What if we had listened to that brother and sister who said not to do them, what if I had listened to my best friend... where would we be today.
3 comments:
Geri, I love your post. It made me cry. I think it hits me harder because I Know exactly how you feel. I love my little boy, but it hurts me to wonder what he would have been... Although I know he will do great things, just not the things I had in mind..
I too have people thinking I am crazy, but I have decided to at least tell parents to educate themselves and take their child's health into their own hands. It is YOUR child and it is a recommended schedule. If people are worried, they should just wait - at least wait until their child is older and until they feel that it is right. I have not given my little girl any shots and she is developing amazingly! She is one and she can talk, walk, wave, clap, etc. etc. It is not a coincidence that my boys have sensory processing disorder and autism and they got shots, but my daughter is doing great and she did not get any. I know she will not regress as Wyatt did because I will not let her. I will not make the mistake of letting my dr. make me feel stupid and push me into doing shots. I didn't feel right about it at the time, and now I know why. Okay that was a long enough comment. You know how it is - once you get started, you can't stop.
Tammy (Mindy's sister)
ps. I love the Joseph Smith/Mormon Analogies....
Geri thanks for your post! This has been an issue that I've thought about long and hard but haven't researched. Maycee's vaccines have always been fine but now that we're expecting a boy I feel like I really need to find some answers. (I know that sounds weird but I just know it's more dominant in boys) Anyway, thank you!
I am so grateful that you posted those pictures of Brianna. I am not convinced either way and that's an argument for another day. But seeing those pictures, made me feel a million times better about my decision to wait. Can you believe they are doing the MMR at 12 months instead of 18 now! It should be getting older not younger for these shots. Will you email me so I have your email address? em@omner.org
Post a Comment