Summer 2009
Briana ~ She "graduated" from kindergarten at the end of May! So we had a good month of one on one time. She loved going to Kaleb's school each day and we also started tending our neighbor Genavie who is about 18months old and she was SUPER happy about that! She has played harder this summer then EVER! She is ALWAYS on her bike! In fact she has completely worn through her bike tires and we can't find any new tires in her bike's size - so we resorted to taking off Kaleb's training wheels on his bike and letting her ride his (since he isn't too interested in it). She loves selling Lemonade and does that on a daily basis! She talks about her little friends Jordan, Presley, and Cody all day long! If she isn't playing with them all I hear is "mom - I'm bored can I go see if they can play now?" when two minutes ago she went to there house and they weren't home. She has loved going swimming!!! And now we are dealing with major tantrums and things... for a combination of reasons - she is so tired from playing so hard! I think she is ready to start school now - because if she isn't doing something at every second of the day - then she is bored. And maybe.... hmmmm... who knows :) I really hope this is a stage. We have started rewarding her for good behavior and it has helped but there are times she just doesn't care and wants to do what she wants no matter what! Drama, DRAMA, Drama with her! She really has had a super fun summer though! And I LOVE how she is such a big help with her brother! She loves to SHOP! We rented The True Confessions of a Shopaholic and she LOVED it! She is very excited about the school clothes we have gotten her so far! She is the most excited about he backpack and tells us hers is the cutest she has ever seen! She has already picked out her first days outfit and we are a month away! She will be sporting a white Roxy shirt with hearts all over it and some hip levi's with a heart belt and pink stitching! Ya gotta love little girls! She has also been pushing the baby issue a lot lately! She really wants mom to have another baby and I hear about it a lot!!! Oh... and she is a total know it all right now :) I was going to sign her up for dance but she says "mom - I already know how to dance!" so I said how about Soccer - hmmm she wasn't to into that. Then she saw the karate signs ups and yep! She can do that too and she showed me her moves LOL - I think she got her moms coordination! We love our little twinkle toes and all the hugs and kisses she gives us on a daily basis.
Making homemade playdough and playing with Genavie!

To be honest I was nervous about summer! Last summer he was the hardest he had ever been! To the point he would attack me and Chris would have to help me - some days even coming home from work because Kaleb would literally bite my face off! And I would try to control him but he gets so strong when he is in these "episodes". He got completely off schedule and didn't sleep last summer at ALL! So.... Now this summer! Kaleb is so much dang fun to have home! I miss my little man having such long days at school! He is rowdy!!!! Very hyper!!! But only hard physically. He is laughing most of the day! He loves to kiss me A LOT! And it is kinda funny in public because he always uses his tongue :) so yeah we get some weird looks! It is cute though!!! It's like baby kisses - when your baby is learning to kiss! I LOVE IT! However he does do a pucker kiss when I won't give him my Diet Coke - he knows I'm a sucker for his kisses and then he will get what he wants. This year in school he learned to point and sign please for things he wants and that is AWESOME! We have so many less tantrums because he can communicate a little bit. Chris has a great schedule and gets home early enough to be an awesome help with Kaleb!!! And Kaleb has turned in to a total daddy's boy all of a sudden! If Chris sits on the couch or lays on the ground Kaleb comes right on over to snuggle him! He is still very much a window boy and his favorite place to be is in his window watching everybody! He loves pounding on the window for the noise it makes! And we have found the little man naked in the window many times :) He loves his swing in his room! He is also into this new stem he does - where he taps his hands in different ways on everything to see what noise it makes. He has become quite the little swimmer! Grandma takes him swimming and he loves it and will keep looking at her and kissing her as to say "thank you - I love you". We have also had a crazy poop story that happened at Costco that I will never forget! Wow!!! that was a mom moment for the books!!! And he is still pulling mom's hair when ever he gets the chance - so if I'm bald here in a little bit you will know why. It hurts like get outs and he is smiling thinking we are playing! We tried Sacrament today and only lasted 10mins - and then he cried until Chris took him home for a little bit and brought him back to try again. He really has learned so much and loves being active all the time. He loves daddy's truck! He loves being up in the mountains! And he loves Tucker and his favorite swing in the back yard! I love my little buddy so much - even when he wakes me up at 2am :).







No comments:
Post a Comment