Friday, August 7, 2009

Cascade Springs

Today when Bre woke up - she asked "can we go fishing?" Daddy said "sure"

So... we grabbed a few things and headed up American Fork canyon to our favorite spot! Silver Lake Flats! The water was super low!!! We are talking a 30ft drop from a week or so ago when we were there! And it was very cold! I didn't even think to take jackets - It's August! We fished for 3 or so hours and the highlight was a mommy duck and her ducklings that swam by! Bre loved feeding them! Good thing we had some rolls with us.



Then we just drove around looking for some camp ground sites! We just kept going and going up the canyon! Then we Chris decided to take us to Cascade Springs. I had never been there and I loved it! Kaleb loved running around and Bre ... well she said "thanks dad for taking us here - this is the best day of my life! I'm glad I said let's go fishing!"

















Good Bye! Cascade Springs .... I'll miss you!

Then at that point it was about 3pm and the kids were super hungry! So we headed to Heber since it was closer then Lehi at this point. So we continued to drive up the canyon - this picture is when we started to come down and could see Heber Valley.

We took the kids to their favorite restaurant! Dairy Keen! This was grandma Colleen's favorite place to eat when she would come visit us when we lived in Heber.


Then of course! We had to drive by our old house! Yeah - this is a dumb picture! I wasn't brave enough to stop and take one - they would think we are stalkers :) I wish it showed the tree's we planted though - they were HUGE! The pine tree out front was so tall I couldn't believe it! I miss Heber!!!

No comments: