Monday, July 14, 2008

The BEST Big Sister in the WORLD!!!

With lots of pictures to prove it!

People are always so surprised how Kaleb is so affectionate & can't believe he gives kisses! But it wasn't always this way as you can see from this picture! Briana has taught him how - she is always forcing him to give her kiss & hugs. In fact if he goes to school before she wakes up she comes out crying because she didn't get her kiss & hug from Kaleb before he went to school.




From the time they were tiny... Briana has always loved Kaleb and taken such good care of him. She always has an arm around him & I never fights with him - HONESTLY!
Having a little brother with Autism might be hard for some kids but if other kids are mean to him - she sticks up for him. When other kids stare at him when he does something different she tells them "this is my brother Kaleb & he has Autism - so he can't talk".

When Kaleb comes to take away a toy - she says... "oh do you want to play with it. You're such a cute boy... here push this Kaleb." If he starts to cry she runs in the kitchen & pours him a sippy cup and gives it to him! and asks "is that better buddy!"

She knows how to hold on to him & help him do things. She helps me all day with him! Like a little second mommy! She says things to me like "mommy look isn't he so cute! He loves Tiger & Pooh!" or "mommy Kaleb is in my room I just put a movie on for him." or "mommy Kaleb has the cutest chubby feet."
We love our little BUDDIES!
I have really been thinking a lot lately about how cool it is to have a little girl care so much about her little brother, so I thought I would share it with everybody. She truly is amazing with Kaleb and she tells me all the time that Heavenly Father sent Kaleb to HER, because she came first & then Kaleb came to HER! - How can you argue with that. I know playing with Briana is the best therapy Kaleb could ever have and we are so thankful for her and how she is with him.

4 comments:

Isaac Family said...

Wow Geri- I know how much of a struggle you go through sometimes but what a blessing to have these two little sweethearts be such an example to so many! What a wonderful helper to have around- your kids are so precious and I love to see your little family!

Mindy said...

You've got such cute kids! What a lucky little brother! That is so cute that Briana is so good to him.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I teared up while reading this entry, especially the part about Kaleb belonging to Briana. You are so blessed! Thanx for sharing this part of your life with us.

By the way, CUTE carseat covers! LOVE them!! I just may have you make a set for us! Thanx for telling us about them.

Angee :)

Doreen said...

Briana must have learned how to be a great sister from her mom. This post made a little emotional. You are a great mom and it shows through in your kids. You are awesome.