I trained for this run all year! Then at the end of June I ended up having knee surgery!!! Bummer... but thought well maybe I can do it still if I really work on building my strength back up - but couldn't train anymore - then in early August when I found out I was pregnant... I thought well there goes Red Rock. So I was going to run one of the legs still and let Chris run the other two for me. That didn't work out as planned!!! A week before we left Chris tore his PCL & Mencius playing old man church softball :) So I was back on for running all three legs. I just didn't tell anyone I was pregnant ~ people were already telling me I was crazy to run on my knee. The Surgeon and Physical Therapist told me it would be the dumbest thing ever - but my OB said after doing an ultra sound that well the baby has a strong enough heartbeat and I think your knee will stop you before you could run to hard to hurt the baby so you can do it! I liked his advice the best! Chris had knee surgery Wednesday (the day before we left) and so he was going to stay home but he was so nervous about me running pregnant that he came... a decision I think he regretted by Cedar City... he was in some serious PAIN! Poor guy!!!
Fillmore
The next morning we were glad they were selling sweatshirts! I bought a huge one (since I knew I would be getting bigger soon!) but regretted it because I look huge next to those skinny running girls on my team LOL but I would've looked like a giant next to them no matter what!
Before getting on the lift to run the first leg. I was leg one and was the first runner on my team. It was a fun run ... but very cold!
2nd run...
With each run we got to mark a leg with a big sharpie, tell all 12 of us had our 3 legs completed.
We did it! It was sooooo much fun! 186 Miles - 2days.. We are running machines :) We were all very tired after!!! you don't really sleep in the 48hrs of running!!!
I did pretty good.. I didn't get sick until the way home - I was just VERY tired :) But come Cedar City on the drive home - I told everyone I was pregnant since I was so sick by that point!
Can't wait to do it next year!




































No comments:
Post a Comment