









I of course cried through the whole dang thing! Man I wish I could control my tears!!! I just love my little man more then words and it is hard to leave our little safety net we had at this school. We truly loved the school and all of his teachers! He learned so much and it was so nice to finally feel like we were getting the help he needed. I also was sad because I had put so many hopes and dreams into that school - I always thought he would learn to talk there and be potty trained like most kids there learn but it wasn't in the cards for us. He learned a great deal but it is hard to see the reality of how severe my little man has Autism. Not to mention I loved all of the great parents and friends we had at Giant Steps - we will miss everyone! So there were lots of emotions tied to a little preschool graduation! Why do our kids have to grow up? I just want to keep him little :)




1 comment:
Geri,
You don't know me, but I'm a fellow "autism Mom" and I'll admit I check out your blog once in awhile. This post just had me in tears, so I had to write something. I will admit I am very very very lucky. My son is high functioning, but I still get it, and my heart just aches for every Mom who is waiting to hear her child's voice. Every time I hear Boston talking I am grateful. Parents have no idea how grateful they should be for the little things. I remember before Boston started talking I Hated it when parents would say "Look how cute it is when my child says this or that." Never Ever give up. I'm glad he learned a lot at Giant Steps, but the journey isn't over. Caleb is darling and he's lucky to have great parents. I know despite the challenges I feel really blessed to have been chosen to be the Mom of such a special little boy. Hang in there.
Post a Comment